Nominations are open for the APAC Food Safety Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2019 APAC Food Safety Awards, the leading event that recognises and rewards individuals who have contributed to food safety in Australia and New Zealand.
Hosted by the global leader in integrated risk management solutions SAI Global (saiglobal.com), the Food Safety Award winners will be announced at the APAC Food Safety Awards Gala Dinner on 21 August in Sydney.
The dinner is held as part of the APAC Food Safety Conference (20-22 August).
The APAC Food Safety Awards comprise three categories, with nominations closing on 25 July.
Entrants are shortlisted by an independent panel of recognised Australian food experts – with this year’s panel including:
• Andrea Currie, Coles Brand Manager Policy & Technical Standards
• Debbie Peters, wife of the late Ross Peters, the founder of the Ross Peters Award for Excellence in Food Safety
• Paul Holder, 2018 winner of the Ross Peters Award for Excellence in Food Safety
• Kimberly Coffin, SAI Global Head of Food, Retail and Hospitality – Assurance
The award categories are as follows:
• Ross Peters Award for Excellence in Food Safety. This category is open to any individual who has made a notable contribution to food safety in Australia. They can work within any sector of the agri-food industry.
• Leaders of the Future – Food Safety Learning Scholarship. Applicants in this category must work within the food industry and have a junior quality assurance role or equivalent. They must have a background or experience that shows a unique perspective on food safety, a drive towards continuous improvement and leadership potential through vision. The winner will receive a scholarship to complete food safety courses with SAI Global to the value of $10,000.
• Innovators in Food Safety. This award recognises an individual or organisation that has developed best in class innovations in technology, process, procedure and training in relation to food safety. The winner of this award will have made a positive and influential impact on food safety through an innovative idea or product.
John Rowley, CEO of SAI Global Assurance, says: “The APAC Food Safety Awards is an annual event that publicly recognises the achievements of food safety professionals. Their commitment to the industry should be celebrated and rewarded, as there are many individuals in the industry who work tirelessly to ensure the safety of our food supply and the minimisation of any potential harm. Now, more than ever, it’s important that we continually strive to the challenges and changes within the food industry.”
Jessica Kelly, winner of the 2018 APAC Food Safety Award for ‘Leaders of the Future – Food Safety Learning Scholarship’ says: "It was very exciting and humbling to have been recognised for an APAC Food Safety Award last year, so early into my career. Winning this award has provided me an opportunity to expand my presence in the industry and explore new networks, career directions, skills and mentor opportunities. I highly recommend anyone thinking about entering to apply as early as possible to demonstrate their skills, passion and commitment in being a part of a strong future for the industry."
- Organised by: SAI Global
- Email: email@example.com