Arnott's says the latest Shapes range, Fully Loaded, is not only packed with flavour but also with crunch, so much so the biscuit maker sought out scientific proof.
The range comes in three flavours: Sizzling Meatlovers, Flame Grilled Chicken and Ultimate Cheese.
Shapes was so confident about the massive crunch in its Fully Loaded range that it took a selection of snacks into a soundproof recording studio to measure how loudly each one crunched.
The Fully Loaded range produced the loudest crunch, with a result of 87.25 decibels, followed by:
- CC's Corn Chips - 86 decibels
- Doritos Corn Chips - 83.25 decibels
- Doritos 3D - 82.5 decibels
- Smiths Original Crinkle Potato Chips - 81.25 decibels
- Burger Rings - 81 decibels
- Red Rock Deli Style Crackers - 80 decibels
- Cheezels - 78.75 decibels
- Sunbites Snack Crackers - 78.25 decibels
- Ritz Cracker Bites - 77 decibels
- Twisties - 75 decibels
- In a Biskit - 71 decibels
- Natural Cracker Co Crispy Crackers - 69.5 decibels
The crunch test was conducted on 6 July in a soundproof recording studio with oversight from a professional sound engineer.
Four crunch audio samples were recorded for each product and an average decibel level was determined. All crunches occurred with a standard 8cm distance from mouth to microphone.
The Fully Loaded range is now available on shelves at Woolworths (RRP $3.50).