Artisan chocolatier Koko Black has released its new Australian Native Collection, collaborating with indigenous food company Something Wild to celebrate local native ingredients in the range.
Remco Brigou, head chocolatier and product innovation manager at Koko Black, said the team believe such ingredients should be explored, experience and respected.
“Australia’s rugged landscapes and vast plains produce some of the rarest and most delicate ingredients on the planet, flavours only nature could have invented," said Brigou.
“The new Australian Native Collection offers just a small sample of what this incredible country has to offer in terms of unique flavours and textures. We hope our new collection inspires others to explore and appreciate what is right here on their doorstep.”
The Koko Black Native Collection features a range of blocks, pralines and gift boxes, which are available for purchase online and in-store.
Australian Native Collection Blocks ($13.50 each) include:
● Macadamia and Spotted Gum honey crumble, Caramelised white chocolate 80g;
● Whipstick Wattle and roasted coconut, 39% single origin milk chocolate 80g;
● Davidson Plum, 70% single origin dark chocolate 80g; and
● Lemon Myrtle, 72% single origin dark chocolate 80g.
Individual pralines ($3.00 each) include:
● Lemon Myrtle and candied cucumber, 54% dark chocolate;
● Salted macadamia caramel and, 39% single origin milk chocolate;
● Strawberry Gum ganache and passionfruit jelly, 54% dark chocolate;
● Finger Lime, green ant and burnt butter cream, caramelised white chocolate;
● Aniseed Myrtle and 67% single origin dark chocolate ganache; and
● Davidson Plum jelly and 70% single origin dark chocolate ganache.