Australia's Top 100 Australian Food & Drink Companies 2016 report, produced by Food & Drink Business in collaboration with IBISWorld, provides an up-to-the-minute snapshot of the fortunes of the nation's largest food and beverage companies.
In the report, we take a look at the top 10 Australian companies – the industry's real heavyweights – and asked how they fared financially in 2016 and what impacted on their businesses.
Here's a quick look at who made the list this year:
1. Fonterra remained number one on the list of top food and beverage companies by revenue generated.
2. Coca-Cola Amatil moved up the list from number three.
3. Lion Nathan moved down the list from number two.
4. JBS Australia remained steady at number four.
5. Bidvest rose from seventh spot.
6. Teys remained steady at number six.
7. Murray Goulburn fell from fifth position.
8. Ingham’s remained steady at number eight.
9. Treasury Wine Estates moved up from number 13, to replace George Weston Foods in number nine.
10. Carlton & United Breweries moved up from number 12, to replace Nestle in number 10.
Editorial by Food & Drink Business. All data sourced from IBISWorld.